The World Health Organization (WHO) has now classified COVID-19 as a pandemic. The Director-General’s briefing on 11 March 2020, has called every country to take urgent and aggressive actions against this pandemic across the world. We must ensure that the necessary precautions are taken to minimise the risks. There is now one confirmed case of the COVID-19 case in the Cayman Islands.
Recognising our country’s current emergency and with further advice from the Cayman Islands Government, the Cayman Islands Conference of Seventh-day Adventists is immediately implementing the following measures:
- Cayman Academy is closed for March 16-27, 2020.
- Global Youth day scheduled for March 21, 2020, is cancelled.
- Easter Camp is cancelled.
- Child Preacher’s training is postponed.
- All social activities and fellowship dinners are cancelled until further notice.
- Evangelistic Campaigns are postponed until further notice.
- All church services and gatherings from March 14-27, 2020, are cancelled. (This action is being taken because on such a small island the potential for rapid spread is very high).
- All babies, very young children, and those aged 60 and above are especially caution in avoiding unnecessary contact with others.
We are asking our members and other community persons to join us in our Bible Study and Fellowship, starting from 10 a.m., Saturday, 14 March 2020, to be aired on Praise 87.9 FM for the benefit of all our members, friends and communities.
In addition, we are encouraging our listeners via Praise 87.9 FM and other online media participants to pray for God’s intervention and protection against this virus. Let us continue to lean on the promises of God, as David stated in Psalm 91:3-7 (NIRV):
3 He will certainly save you from
and from deadly sickness.
4 He will cover you with his wings.
Under the feathers of his wings you will find safety.
He is faithful. He will keep you safe like a shield or a tower.
5 You won’t have to be afraid of the terrors that come during the night.
You won’t have to fear the arrows that come at you during the day.
6 You won’t have to be afraid of the sickness that attacks in the darkness.
You won’t have to fear the plague that destroys at noon.
7 A thousand may fall dead at your side.
Ten thousand may fall near your right hand.
But no harm will come to you.
News and Video by CICSDA Communication Department